Lately I love the weekend... I don't know if it is that we get two whole uninterrupted days with Milo or if the downtime is just really needed. I guess it is probably a little of both. Whatever the reason, our recent weekends have been very conducive to both activities - playing with Milo and getting some rest and relaxation.
Brad came over for dinner on Saturday and we went to Golden Corral. (Yes, I know... we are big spenders.) Milo loves the "GC" because he gets to eat little bits of lots of things. I love the "GC" because they have tons of veggies that he will eat. OK, yes, I also love it there because of their rolls. Mmmmm... rolls. It is so fun to watch Milo interact with other people. His silly side, which is usually reserved for me, Mark and Lanita, is starting to peak out around mixed company. He started making faces while he was eating and he was cracking Brad up. That kid could seriously play with a drink and straw all night. He doesn't like it when Mark or I hold his glass. He likes to do it himself and he will vigorously shake that little head back and forth if we try to take his cup away. Despite his displeasure, we still take it away because the longer he has it the odds of it ending up on the floor or spilled all over him grow exponentially.
In fact, Milo spilled on both himself and Mark last night. We had gone to my favorite Chinese food buffet which I was craving all weekend. (It is nowhere near our house but it is so worth the drive!) Milo managed to poke a hole in two separate styrofoam cups because he was holding on for dear life while Mark was attempting to extricate the drinks from his grasp. Both times I was up at the buffet and when I came back Mark was sopping up spilled water. Another random observation about our Chinese food experience... because it is so far away we do not go very often; however, every time we are there the Asian wait staff is completely enamored with Milo. We think it is funny because they don't just talk to him, they rub on him. Our waitress last night was literally running her hands through his curls and the time before our waiter kept touching him on the back and rubbing his arms and head. Milo takes it all in stride though he does kind of look at them like "Do I know you?".
We actually did do more than eat this weekend... we all slept late, Milo took nice long naps, I read, Milo played with his blocks, Mark played soccer and worked a little, Mark and I both pushed Milo up and down the entry in his car. You know, lots and lots of fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment