Milo is obsessed. I know I mentioned this briefly before but the kid is seriously smitten with his alphabet. It started with the Your Baby Can Read videos and has grown into an almost full-time infatuation with his letters. He carries them all day long from one side of the house to the other, laying them out and reciting their names for us. He holds them in his car seat - calling out letter names all the way home each day. He knows right where they are kept in his diaper bag and Heaven forbid I forget to put some in the bag when he is going to stay with NiNi for the day.He knows all the letters and recites them with roughly 90% accuracy. The ones that sound so much alike do trip up his little tongue sometimes. As you will probably notice in these pictures, the letters also double as handy dandy teethers.
The following video is the best I could get of Milo reciting some of his letters. At the end you will also see a demonstration of the kind of mini-tantrum we have been getting the last few weeks. They come out of nowhere and disappear just as quick. Toddlers. (I apologize for the wind and my shaky hand at the beginning of the video.)Here we are post-tantrum. I think he is even calling out their names while they are on the ground... "D" "O" "Z" are some of his favorites along with "K" "U" and "T". Mark and I have been trying to associate the letters with words these last few days (you know... as in "B" is for book and baby and...). We have gotten some books where we can hopefully draw those relationships for him in a more tangible way.
I think the funniest things are that he still calls out random letters when he sees building signage and advertising (which, being Dallas, is ALL over the place) and he has gotten really good about pointing out letters on the TV - accurately I might add. It makes for lots of little fingerprints all over the TV but he has been getting tons of practice from the basketball that Mark has been watching. There is a veritable treasure trove of letters constantly scrolling across the bottom of basketball games right at the perfect height for curious little minds and sweet little (sticky) fingers.
No comments:
Post a Comment