Thursday, April 9, 2009

Maddie

I like happy posts. Positive posts. I could always find a daily dose of happy when reading The Spohrs are Multiplying. Heather and her little girl Maddie always brightened my day. Heather has a knack for writing about their daily adventures and their little girl Maddie... well, she has always had the face of an angel and the kind of smile that spreads like wild fire.

Today, while on a phone call and flipping through some random blogs I saw Maddie's beautiful eyes gazing at me from someone else's blog page. I paused, read the headline and then my heart fell out of my chest. I could barely continue the conversation. Maddie died suddenly a few days ago and I am unbelievably sad. I can't seem to stop thinking about her. I don't know these people for heaven's sake... but I have read about this little girl's daily life for months. I worried about her when she was in the hospital with RSV a few months ago. I basked in the tangible love of her mommy and the joy they had for this amazing gift of a child who was born premature but seemed to have gotten past most of her "junkie lung issues" (her mom's words).

This blog, A Mom and Two Boys, has a dedication page to Maddie. You will see that so many people feel her loss in a very real way. Goodbye sweet girl. The world is a little less sunny without you in it. Heather, my heart breaks for you.

A butterfly lights beside us like a sunbeam
And for a brief moment its glory
and beauty belong to our world
But then it flies again
And though we wish it could have stayed...
We feel lucky to have seen it.

- Author Unknown

No comments: