Thursday, April 2, 2009

Happy April!

Mark always makes fun of me when I say this but... Can you believe it is April?! Time seriously flies. I have picked up another building at work and with the other two it has made for a busy couple of weeks. I really don't know how working moms and dads with multiple kids do it. Some days I am doing really good to manage my schedule along with just Milo and Mark (and still be sane at the end of the day).

I know I have mentioned this before but Milo is in the full-on throes of toddlerhood. He seems to go through phases. We will have a few really challenging days and then several days where he is an angel. The last few days that angel hasn't really been hanging out at our house too much. Two nights ago we were out trying the new Freddy's in our neighborhood. We should have known it wasn't a good idea because Milo had been pretty emotional from the time I picked him up. There were 3 instances I can think of where I looked down and he had thrown himself onto the floor at the restaurant over some perceived slight. I think one time may have been because he was out of his drink. Serious stuff. It was definitely one of those nights where we felt like "those" parents. You know... the ones that have no control over their child and will do almost anything to get their kid to be quiet.

Then last night he worked himself up into such a frenzy that Mark and I just sat and watched him scream and run from thing to thing. He likes to be really dramatic and throw himself onto the ottoman. There were a few times when he was truly airborne for a few seconds. At one point he threw himself down on the ground and hit his head on a door hinge so he had a goose egg and was bleeding. We were trying really hard to ignore him but that is way more difficult than it sounds when your ear drums are about to burst. He finally started throwing and hitting at which point Mark said, "Hey, do you think we could put him in time out?" My response was, "That is a great idea!" Discipline? What a concept. So, thanks to Super Nanny we did the whole time-out process and what do you know? It worked! OK, it worked after the second attempt because he hit me in the face after the first time. Baby steps, right?

No comments: