Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

*Above Christmas card designed by Mark Warrior. Good job Baby!

I know, I know... these are Christmas pictures which do not really fit in with the current holiday but I feel impelled to share them as they are 1) too cute and 2) we worked really hard to get them.

Milo successfully got to sit in Santa's lap at only the second mall stop of the day on a Sunday morning a few weeks ago. I don't know why we even tried the Frisco mall first. We got there 5 minutes after Santa opened for business and there was already a line around the corner farther than we could see. We immediately turned around, went to Willow Bend and were out with our picture in hand within the hour. Milo loves soft, cushy things and Santa was really soft and cushy. We set him in Santa's lap and he just melted backwards into him.

The following pictures are some of my favorites from our many photo sessions attempting to get the perfect Christmas picture. I think we got some really good ones though there was a little something wrong with almost all of these (bad light, wrinkledy sheet / backdrop, etc.). I really love my baby's many expressions though. Such a sweetie!









Now for the New Year! I love New Year's Day. It is one of my favorite holidays. I always get a little sentimental at the end of one year and the beginning of the next. I feel so fortunate for the many joys of my life - my husband and child, my dear friends and family, a job I love, etc., etc. See? It is so easy to get sentimental! We live in such an amazing world. It is easy to get bogged down in the negative media but there are beautiful, wonderful things happening each and every day. I am thankful to live in such an exciting time and am happy for the opportunities that we have been given. This year I hope to honor those joys and opportunities by being the best person (wife, mommy, friend) that I can be.
.
Happy New Year everyone. May you all have dreams and goals to work toward and love to inspire you along the way!

No comments: