Wednesday, January 30, 2008

And so it begins...

In true Milo fashion he was perfect at his band fitting this morning. They gave us some information on how to care for the band and some additional details on his neck exercises. For the first few seconds after she put it on his head I was sad that my little boy is having to go through all of this - then I realized that it is a good thing and I am glad the process has begun. Besides, he is pretty cute in it. He really seems like a little bruiser now! Doesn't he look like he is thinking "You lookin' at me punk?"


I am going to go at lunch to see if I can find some cute stickers to decorate it with. They say that decorating it makes the band seem "friendlier." That way people are not so inclined to be afraid of it when they see him out. Supposedly, when it is decorated people will be more likely to engage him rather than look away. We will see... I am sure I will have some funny stories for you over the next few months. One mom on some chat room I found was saying that she printed out an informational brochure and took it around with her to hand out to people when she did not have time to explain to them the reason for the band. Somehow, I don't see myself doing that.

1 comment:

Sarah J. said...

He's still as cute as ever!! It will be over before you know it.