I just went with a dear friend of mine to have lunch. I told her beforehand that I would like to go somewhere that had healthy options so I could be good with my Weight Watchers diet. We picked Pei Wei, I went online beforehand to pick something that would be OK and off we went. It was great but about half-way through the meal it occurred to me that the whole plate might be more than one serving. I ate a few more bites and packaged the rest up.
So, here I am sitting at the computer and I search for Pei Wei serving size. Turns out that one serving of what I got equaled only 2/5 of the plate! So I ate almost twice what I should have! I wouldn't even normally care about this but earlier this week almost the same thing happened... I checked what I was going to eat before lunch and was going to get a Light Roast Turkey Sandwich at Arby's. Got there, ordered the Roast Turkey & Swiss because that was the closest thing on the menu and ate my sandwich.
It was good but it was ONLY a sandwich. I checked the points when I got back to the office since it was a little different than the "Light" version and that sandwich was 16 points! For a frame of reference I only have 22 points in an entire day!! I could have had a huge piece of chocolate cake for what I spent in points on that stupid sandwich...
No wonder so many people in America are fat!! Even when you try your hardest to eat well you are blindsided by stuff like this. Ahhh! I am still under in my extra points for the week but good grief! If I am going to use those extra points I would at least like to eat something worthy of the splurge.
OK, I am through ranting now.
No comments:
Post a Comment