Let me preface this by saying that I know every parent thinks their child is brilliant, but seriously? Last night in Milo's bath he was playing with some of his foam letters and I held up the "H" and asked, "Buddy, what starts with an H?" Without batting an eye, he looked at me and said "hand." Uh, what?
OK, I realize he has been letter-obsessed for quite a while but this seems like a whole different level of understanding. We have started talking about what letter words start with and also what sounds letters make but this was the first time he demonstrated his complete understanding.
He also spit out "mouse" for "M" and "wash" for "W" which were the other letters in the bath. Crazy, smart little boy. What is kind of funny is for some reason this weekend Sarah, Tennille, Granny and I were looking up star signs for all of our kiddos. Milo is a Gemini and one of the traits mentioned was an innate sense of letters and words. They certainly hit that nail on the head.
No comments:
Post a Comment