The amazing thing about 2-year-olds is that one day they can make you crazy (see post from the beginning of the week) and the next they will be so sweet that your heart melts into one big gooey mess and love seeps out of your pores. I took the day off today to prepare for our big family weekend so after I went to pick up Milo from school we stopped at Costco for some supplies. We walked around to sample the various "bites" as Milo calls them and just kind of meandered around.
Throughout our meandering, Milo would periodically hold his arms up to me and ask for a hug. He has never been terribly affectionate but he has really gotten the hang of hugging lately. Today, each time he asked, I would stop and walk around to give him a hug. He wrapped those little arms around me so tightly and would lightly pat me on the back. Then he would smile and sit back down in the cart. When we were done shopping he and I shared a hot dog. If you haven't seen them, Costco hotdogs are huge! He was holding it and he would take a bite saying "my turn" and then he would offer it to me saying "your turn." He got mustard all over both of us in the process but I didn't care because he was sharing so well.
As we walked to the car he played with the newly smiley-faced Costco receipt and as I picked him up and started to buckle him into his carseat he held out his arms and said "hug?" With my heart-melting and love seeping out of my pores, I said, "Of course, baby... I would love a hug."
No comments:
Post a Comment