Friday, January 30, 2009

Slowing Down

The echo of Milo's distinct toddler jog, the quick pitter patter of feet through the house, is becoming less audible. For months, the new excitement of walking - and of life in general - led our little one to trot through the house from thing to thing with barely enough of a pause to take in his immediate object of attention. You could hear him anywhere in the house. If I wasn't with him and I heard his footsteps in the other room I would always envision him jogging forward on his tip-toes with his arms raised to shoulder height for balance and with a look of intense curiosity blazed across his features.

He doesn't hold his arms up so quite so high now and his gait has slowed down considerably. As his mommy, there is a part of me that misses that barely contained excitement yet I am so happy that he is perfecting his skills, moving on to bigger adventures. I am also happy that he can sit for a few moments now. It is like he has realized he has a little time... time to crawl into my arms, time to lay his head in my lap. I am finally getting to enjoy cuddling him a bit - at least until he is off to his next discovery.

No comments: