Monday, January 12, 2009

Gratitude Journal

Today I am grateful for:
  • Last night's moon - Milo has RSV but I will spare you the details of yesterday's urgent care visit and related breathing treatment trauma. Suffice it to say, I was a little frustrated with Walgreens (and some other misc. stuff) at one point last night and was trying to find the next closest 24-Hour pharmacy location. I pulled out on the highway to see the rising moon on the horizon right in front of me. It was so big and it literally looked like it was coming up out of the road. The moon was so striking, just by looking at it I was able to come out of my frustration and calm down.
  • Two nice women - We had a wreck on the Tollway this morning. Milo and I are fine and the car just got dinged up a little bit. We got the least damage out of three affected cars. I am thankful for the other two women whose cars were much more damaged than mine. The car that caused the wreck got away with no damage and didn't bother to stop. They were going too fast on the Tollway during rush hour traffic and had to swerve to miss hitting the car in front of them. When they swerved, it caused another car to swerve to miss them - that driver hit the car in front of her and ultimately, me. We were all calm and just wanted to make sure everyone was OK. We traded insurance, waited for police that never showed and went on our merry ways.
  • Elmo - After the wreck, Milo was in a surprisingly good mood. I sadly anticipated destroying that by giving him his breathing treatment at Lanita's. I had her put something on TV that he might watch to distract him and then braced myself for feeling like a horrible parent (holding down your child while he screams is never fun - even when you know it is for their own good). He started out crying and thrashing around until Elmo came on Sesame Street. Milo has a talking Elmo at home so the TV Elmo immediately caught his attention. He calmed down and took the whole rest of the treatment without crying. It was AWESOME!

Of course, I am thankful for so many related things - having good health insurance so we can take care of Milo when he needs it, coming through the accident without injury to either me or Milo and with limited damage to the car, dealing with several nice insurance people this morning who are going to get us taken care of quickly - and again, Elmo, I am seriously thankful to Elmo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I'm glad ya'll are all okay. How is poor Milo? Suctioning Landon's nose was/is the worst for us. Sometimes I cheat and do his breathing treatments while he's asleep. Suprisingly, he can sleep through them. I also have had to take the mask off and let the treatment just blow in his face. When they are not into sitting still, this sometimes works better than fighting. Our DR. said it was okay because you will probably get more in than when they are fighting you. Let us know if you need anything. It's the season for RSV...