Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Whirlwind - Part 2

After Mom left San Antonio a few weeks ago, Dad came down to meet Baby Holden and to spend some time with us and the boys. It was a quick trip - or seemed so to me since Dad got there on Friday and Milo and I left on Saturday afternoon so that we could come home and spend time with Mark.

On Saturday we went out to Bill and Patti's beautiful lake house for the day. The weather was perfect and we all enjoyed some relaxing time outside. Amazingly, Sarah and I got all of the boys to sit still for a picture with their Papa. I think this may be a first. Notice Dad's arm wrapped tightly around Milo... I think he was the main one that was not fully cooperating.


There is a play area with a sandbox next to the lake house where Griffin and Brooks had a great time digging and building castles. Happily, Milo was not too interested in the sandbox as I really didn't want him to get all sandy right before our 5 hour drive back to Dallas.

I have had a wonderful time with Brooks these last few visits to San Antonio. He has been such a sweet boy. This visit we spent lots of time in the "fort" between the couch and TV in their living room. He was always the perfect host and would make sure that I had a blanket and pillow so we could sleep (the main fort activity).

My favorite time with Griffin is sitting with him to read books. Of course, this time he "read" to me. He has the alphabet story from his Curious George book down completely. Such a smart little boy! I think Griffin's favorite part of my visit would be getting to play the games on my iPhone. Brooks even got in on the action this time.

Before we got in the car to head home the boys all found their cars in the garage. It delayed our departure a bit but it was well worth it! Milo was a huge fan of the 4-wheeler. I think he would have stayed on it all afternoon if we let him. Brooks was bound and determined to make it up the hill. That poor little truck got a work out that afternoon.



Holden hung out with his Mommy in the garage while the rest of the boys were riding around. Clearly, the noise did not bother him one bit. Sweet boy.

Well, we finally left everyone to continue their fun and we were on our way home. Milo was literally asleep within 10 minutes. We had a wonderful trip first getting to visit with Mom and then Dad and, as always, getting to spend time with Sarah, Greg and the boys.

No comments: