So, Milo's cold is coming back... again. This makes 3 times that it has almost gone away and then reappeared with a vengeance. Poor little guy. This time it has come along with a fever that popped up Saturday, Sunday and then again tonight. He is so pitiful when he doesn't feel well. He makes me want to just gather him up in my arms and hold him like a baby. He will actually tolerate it for a few minutes too - another sign that he is sick. He would never put up with being cuddled if he felt OK.
On Saturday evening, Mark and I thought Milo might like a bath with some of that Johnson's baby bath stuff that is supposed to soothe little "sickies" and help them breathe. I checked the temperature of the bath water to make sure it wasn't too hot (I learned that lesson the hard way a few months ago when Milo had a fever and I popped him in a hot bath... smart, huh?) and then put my sweet boy in the water. He was fine until he got out of the bath. I was getting ready to put lotion on him when he quickly squirmed away and ran over to the other side of the room. He was looking at the lotion like it was acid and was just standing there shivering, hunched over, naked, with his little arms crossed over his chest. Needless to say, I skipped the lotion, put his clothes on and went downstairs as quickly as possible to wrap him up in our warmest blanket. We sat cuddled together for a long time while he warmed up. I hated that he was (is) sick but it was so nice to have that sweet, quiet time with him.
Mark and I spent the rest of the weekend preparing for Thanksgiving. We have been caught in years past on Thanksgiving morning running around getting the house ready and buying groceries. We did our best this weekend to not have that happen this year. We are at least most of the way ready now... if we can only maintain some semblance of order through Thursday.
No comments:
Post a Comment