Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Presents, Presents and More Presents

Before the birthday present talk, I have a few little Milo updates. We had his 1 year well-child check-up yesterday. Poor baby got 4 shots, 1 toe poke and 1 TB test (a little needle prick on his arm). Needless to say, he was a little grouchy last night. He weighed 24 lbs. 8 oz. which is in the 75% and measured 31 1/2 inches, still putting him in the 95%. He is a healthy, happy growing little boy (who really does not like waiting for over an hour in the doctor's office for his appointment). Oh, he also has one more tooth coming in. It is one of his top two.

Now on to birthday present opening pictures... As you can see, the little man did not mind being the center of attention while he opened his presents. I think the below picture was taken perfectly on queue (thanks Aunt Sarah) right before presents when everyone clapped for Milo and he clapped back in response. It was so cute that we all had to cheer him again.

I love that little tongue poking out. That is his new thing. So sweet!


It is rare that we get all 3 boys in the same photo. These 3 precious lives have added so much joy to our family in the last 3 1/2 years! Milo is still too little to really get the whole present opening process but fortunately his cousins Griffin and Brooks where there to help. It reminded me of our baby shower just a little over a year ago when my same two helpers were there to open our baby gifts. They get so much joy from it and it makes it that much more fun for me to see their excitement. I hope they are not too disappointed when Milo is ready to open his own presents!

Daddy, let... me... down...

We have been getting more questions lately asking if / when we are planning to cut Milo's hair. In case you are wondering, no, we are not planning to cut his hair any time soon. I mean seriously, how cute are those curls?

Milo scored a serious haul for his birthday. Look at all those cool toys. I think he is still a little overwhelmed by all of them. We have left them in various parts of the house and he will go from room to room and just sit with them for a little while before deciding what to play with. He got lots of great clothes too. He is definitely going to be one stylin' toddler this summer.

Oh, thank you everyone... I LOVE my new presents.

No comments: