Sunday, June 29, 2008

Milo's Movin'

I took Milo to the library this weekend and we checked out his very first library books. Did you know that they actually have board books at the library? So cool. He seems to be enjoying them too. Of course, his favorite part of reading his night-night book is closing the book... after each page. I read a page, he closes the book, I reopen the book and read the next page, he closes the book. Wash, rinse, repeat. You get the picture.

His nightly routine has changed a bit since he turned one - at least on bath nights. Ever since he was born I give him his bath and then take him to his room where I apply baby lotion and then diaper his cute little bottom. It was all very calming and sweet. In the last few weeks he has decided that diapers, especially after baths, are horrible, awful things that should not touch his soft baby skin. And lotion? Whew! Acid to the touch. I won't bore you with all the details. Just envision me pinning my sweet child to the floor for his diaper (while trying not to bruise him), child screaming, and then chasing said child around the room with lotion in my hand trying to get a little bit on his body, child laughing hysterically. Good times, good times!

Truthfully, I am loving Milo's new-found independence and mobility. He is playing on his own more now and is enjoying his toys. In fact, last week was a big week for him. NiNi went on vacation and we had really struggled with what to do for the week since neither of us could take the week off. As usual, our angels were looking out for us. He ended up spending the week with Jammi, a friend of ours from Childress. In addition to her son, she watches a few other little ones in Milo's age range from her house. He had such a good time and did really well. He was so happy each day when we went to pick him up. The week definitely showed us that he is ready to branch out a little. In case you would like to check out her sweet family and Milo's new BFF, Korbin, here is her blog. Thank you so much Jammi!

1 comment:

Jammi Palmer said...

you are welcome! we enjoyed seeing milo so much! thank you for sharing him with us for the week. what a sweet boy..L-O-V-E those curls!