My goodness it has been an eventful two weeks! Mark was actually in California for business the week of our anniversary. For some reason his business trips almost always take him to California. I suppose there are worse things in life, hmm? He got back into town on our anniversary and we had a nice dinner out at Pappadeaux with our little one. It was the perfect restaurant choice. Yummy food and just loud enough to drown out the noises of an almost 9 month old.
Once the weekend rolled around we were still in the celebrating mood. Terri (who works with me in the office) and her husband, Alberto, had volunteered to watch Milo overnight for us so on Friday Mark, Brad and I all went out to hear a DJ that Mark has always really enjoyed and who happened to be in town. We had a wonderful time and it was so very nice not to worry about rushing home (and to know that Milo was in wonderful hands). That night was the first time since before I was pregnant that we all were able to go out together and just have a good time. Not only were Mark and I celebrating our 9-year anniversary, the 3 of us were celebrating our 10-year anniversary of being friends.

DJ Kaskade rockin' the house.
.
The rest of the weekend found us resting and recuperating at home. Milo, as usual, was very cooperative. He actually slept until 11:00 on Sunday morning AND took a 3 hour nap a little later. Gotta love that kid!
.
Monday night brought our first real snow of the year. It was so pretty but very short-lived. All evidence of the snow was gone by the next morning. Nature wasn't finished with us yet though. On Thursday we got some crazy snow (for this part of the country anyway). Mark and I were really itching to make some snowmen but we thought it might be a little chilly for Milo so we had to co-op the snowmen across the street. They were huge! We also had another nice surprise on Thursday. Grandma Pat and Grandpa Doc were swinging through town in their semi-truck and Milo and I were able to meet them for lunch. It was definitely a quick visit but we had such a nice time seeing them and getting to spend some time together.
.
.
You can kind of see the new soccer motif on Milo's band in the below picture. I will try to take better pics and post them later this week.
Have you noticed Mark's tendency to take "I was there" pictures? He is demonstrating his skill in the top couple of California pictures too.
.
This next picture doesn't fully capture the look that Milo was giving us the whole time we were taking these pictures (you know... the "seriously, you people are crazy and it is WAY to cold to be out here doing this" look).
So, we are on to another busy week. My building owners are in town which always makes for lots of fun, Milo has another band check-up, his 9-month appointment is coming up too. I am picking up another building at work AND I have to find time in there somewhere to study for a work-related test that is coming up in April. Whoo. Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful week and no matter how busy you might be, take a minute to sit back and enjoy both those hectic moments and the peaceful ones that fall in between.


No comments:
Post a Comment