For the past 10+ years Mark and I have always eaten dinner late in the evening (by which I mean between around 9 or 10). Sarah, my sister, generally laughs at us when she calls and we are cooking something to eat and it is so late. Well, this habit is not very conducive to my ever-increasing heartburn / indigestion. I know this rationally, yet I continue to eat late at night. It is not even really intentional. It is just that I can't seem to get things together enough to eat earlier.
Last night I had dinner with a wonderful friend after we finished a work project. We went to a great restaurant up the road from our office and had a delicious dinner (which we both enjoyed immensely). If I had been thinking, I would have ordered a salad with grilled chicken or something equally bland so as not to inflame my indigestion, but no... I did have a salad but it had balsamic vinaigrette (which is probably not great for resting easy on your tummy) and then I ordered the spicy pasta with sausage.
OK... in hindsight this should have been a big red flag. It was REALLY good though! Then we finished it off with this delicious chocolate crème thing. Yummy! All this was at about 8:30 / 9:00 last night.
I am sure you can imagine how all of this settled on my stomach. Despite two swigs of Maalox and about 5 Tums extra-strength tablets I still had issues most of the night (which also means Mark had issues most the night - poor thing!). The worst part about it is that it was completely my own fault. I really have to start being aware of this situation in the evenings. Maybe I will just eat some saltines at about 6:00 and that can be my dinner...
1 comment:
Saltines... no way! Part of the fun of being pregnant is getting to eat what you want. Maybe you could just cut back a little bit, like no SPICY sausage. Really, I am sorry it giving such trouble!
By the way, you look great in your belly shots!!! I can't wait to see you this weekend.
Sarah
Post a Comment