
Today I am just a few days shy of 5 1/2 months. These pictures were actually taken right at 5 months but we had a few challenges uploading them... I truly feel that the belly is growing exponentially so I think I actually am noticeably bigger now. I still feel great. I am getting around fine and am not nearly as tired as I was for awhile. The baby is moving around more and more but still not keep me up at night. My heartburn does that for him. I have decided that I really don't like heartburn. It sucks. Even though I am on a prescription medicine to help it I have still been up 2-3 times with it the last few nights. I think there must be some truth to the idea that the sporadic sleeping while pregnant (if it is not heartburn it is having to go to the bathroom every few hours) gets you ready for sleepless nights with the baby. I have to be honest though... it is not making me overly tired. It is just frustrating because I really like to sleep! So far, this is my biggest "side-effect" so I really have nothing to complain about.

While I am on the topic of not sleeping, I would just like to point out the fact that if a smoke / monoxide detector battery is going to go out and start beeping I think it is written into the laws of nature that it must go out in the middle of the night (by which I mean between 3:00 and 5:00 in the morning). Sarah and Greg had mentioned this to me and sure enough, it is happening at our house as well. This one detector had started beeping while Mom was in town and though it woke the whole house up Mark had the great idea to take the battery out, shake it and put it back in. Well, it worked, we all went back to sleep, and it is now over a month later. We actually have bought batteries since then (but have done nothing with them). Of course, as soon as I was drifting back to sleep around 4:45 this morning the detector started beeping but it was not a regular beep. I was just a beep every 2-3 minutes. I toyed with the idea of trying to sleep through it (no way - they make sure it is SOOO loud and annoying that you could never ignore it). Then I thought about waking Mark up to go take care of it... I mean it seemed only fair at the time. Since I was up though I stormed out of bed, stomped up the stairs with the step ladder and impatiently waited for the thing to beep again to make sure it was the right one. I replaced the battery and stomped back downstairs.
As I was getting back in to bed I was directing all of my sleepy frustration at my poor husband. You can imagine it - I am sure we have all done it at one time or another. "How many times has he walked past that detector since we bought those batteries? He heard it too, why didn't he offer to get up?, etc." At some point during this tirade a little voice in my head said... "How many times have you walked past that detector since we bought those batteries? You were up, why shouldn't you go take care of it?, etc." So, I leaned over the pillow mountain I now need to sleep, kissed my honey and laid down for another hour and a half of sleep.
2 comments:
Sister, you look great! I can't wait to see you next month... time is going so quickly!!
And I loved Brad's artwork! Glad you've gotten everything started... it won't be long.
Love you,
Sarah
You are a nice wife! I still would have been saying mean things about Stefan in my head but I guarantee that you slept a lot better by thinking how you could have done it too.
By the way, a long time ago I think I had a blog specifically for the purpose of mentioning the stupid alarms and how it's not possible for them to run out of batteries in the day time.
You look awesome! What are you 7 months along now?
Post a Comment