Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Baby Fun Facts

The baby is growing and growing and I thought you all might enjoy a few fun facts about his progress so far...
  • Right now he is proportioned like a little tiny, skinny newborn. He weighs about 1.3 pounds and is a little over a foot long. Dr. Maxey described him as Skeletor (you know, from the Masters of the Universe comic book).
  • His taste buds are beginning to form so he can actually taste the things I eat. I read somewhere that if we had a window into my belly you could actually see him make a face if I eat something he doesn't like.
  • The muscular control in his hands is developing to the point that he can suck his thumbs.
  • His lungs are continuing to develop as he breaths amniotic fluid.
  • His skin is thin, transparent and wrinkled but will fill out as he puts on weight.
  • A few things he is finished working on: ears, fingernails, and a few other important but unmentionable things...

Our next sonogram appointment is scheduled for the 28th so we should have a few more pictures to post then. We are also thinking that we will probably do one of those 3D / 4D sonograms sometime in the next few weeks. We will keep everyone updated!

No comments: