I think I have mentioned previously that Mark and I have some painting that needs to be done around the house. We had pretty much decided to have someone come and take care of all of it for us... until last week. First, let me just say, I am a HUGE fan of hiring things out. I love leaving the house and then coming home to have certain things taken care of - like the housework, lawnwork, etc. Painting would definitely fall into this category of "house" things. However, last week Mark looked over at me innocently and said, "You know, I was thinking... why don't we just paint the baby's room?" Once I recovered from the initial shock, my first question was "Why?" And then it hit me. We should do it because we will do it with love and painting the room ourselves will be a reminder to us of how excited we already are that this sweet little boy is going to come to us very soon.
After that how could I say no? So we painted. But we didn't just paint... We retextured. (I hope all of you are as impressed with us as we were with ourselves!) We retextured the entire room AND we primed AND we painted. It was really easy! We haven't removed the tape and drop clothes yet but so far it looks like it turned out just the way we wanted it to and the whole process wasn't too horrible. (Dirty but not horrible.) I think we have actually decided to do something similar in our powder bath and we will probably paint one of the other small areas in the living room that needs to be done too. We still plan to have someone come paint the really big rooms but at least we are saving a little bit of money by doing a few of the projects ourselves...
Now that the nursery painting is complete we are on to the furniture assembly. The crib doesn't look like it will be too complicated; however, the changing table / dresser came in a huge, really heavy flat box (never a good sign). You expect that from IKEA - not from JcPenneys. I swear it has 60 pieces of wood. We have to assemble everything from the frame to the drawers. Oh well... if we can retexture a whole room surely we can put together a little ol' piece of baby furniture!
1 comment:
Sister, I love all of your posts recently! Blogs are the best!! I know we talk often, but I still love reading about what you are up to.
I'm very impressed with the painting, texturing, etc. I can't wait to see it in a few weeks! I'm sure it looks great!!
Post a Comment