Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Going Home

We went home to Childress this weekend after about two years gone. We had a wonderful time! We took Milo for the first time (obviously) and Sarah and Greg went up with the boys. We met the whole family which was so nice because it is so seldom that we all get to see each other now.

All of the the boys had the best time at their Grandpa Larry's - aka Pa Pa - aka Grand Pa Pa. (Griffin couldn't quite make up his mind what he wanted to call Dad. I am rooting for Pa Pa for some reason.) Riding on Dad's riding lawn mower was definitely the hit of the weekend. Even Milo got to participate a little bit...

Brooks is getting to be such a big boy now. I think he has the most beautiful little face. (I can say that since he is still under 2 years-old, right?)

I am sad to say that we did not really get any great photos of Griffin but I certainly don't want to include one of the boys without the other so here he is... He is truly such a sweet and smart little boy. He can carry on a conversation now (which I love) and he adores his cousin, Baby Milo. I am still in awe of the fact that Griffin was as little as Milo such a short time ago and now he is a real little boy!

We all had so much fun playing with Dad's dog, Belle. She did not have much interest in Milo the first day but for some reason on the second morning she thought he was pretty cool (or smelled good at least).

Here is my Granny. I suppose she is Milo's Great-Granny too... Grandma, I promise it won't be two years before we come back next time! Grandma was so sweet to watch Milo for us while we went to the Homecoming football game on Friday night. It was a little surreal to be back at the football field but it was fun to see some old friends.

And finally, Uncle T-Bo, Aunt Claudia and Aunt Lynn were all there too. We missed photos of Lynn and T-Bo but here is one of Milo playing with his Auntie Claudia. Claudia definitely has a way with babies! He was ready with a smile each time she came around.

My uncle helped put on the very first street dance in Childress history. (I am actually not so sure about that fact but I think it is a pretty good guess...) We all took the boys and had a great time. Mark and I did the twist and I got to two step with Granny's beau, Cecil. He can certainly cut a rug! Now we can tell Milo that he went to his first dance at the ripe old age of 3 1/2 months and that he was present for a historical first at his mommy's home town.

No comments: