The deciding factor for me was the fact that in my mind I am writing this blog to Milo. At the end of each year I plan to download all of my posts to a book and have it printed as a record for me and as a way for Milo to look back and see what we did when he was little. It is my personal scrapbook and I hope that it will even be a way for Milo to get to know me and his Daddy in a way that we often don't know our parents. So... for Milo and for anyone else that is interested, here goes:
- I am not a good cook. Despite this, I am really trying to come up with a repertoire of easy, good things to cook that only take about 15 minutes (and that are not Hamburger Helper). The Internet has been invaluable in my ongoing search. Just know that sometimes when it says "easy" recipe it really isn't...
- I am an obsessive reader of Science Fiction. I will occasionally read other things but not often.
- My husband makes me laugh every day.
- I have a masters degree in History of Ideas. I loved every minute of it and it is a great conversation topic now.
- I love sweets. When I was pregnant I did not want them but after I had Milo my craving returned with a vengeance.
- I try to give all of myself to those people that are most important to me.
- I LOVE to learn new things.
- I have always been a touch anti-social but I have some of the most wonderful friends whom I make a concerted effort to stay in touch with even if it is only every couple of months. I am still in touch with almost every person that I have ever worked closely with.
- My favorite movie is the Matrix. Yes, I realize that this in conjunction with the whole science fiction thing seems a little teenage boy-ish... I also love the Justice League and Batman cartoons that come on Saturday morning. Mark and I actually DVR them.
- I have a tendency to proofread everyone's work. I especially like to do it with a red pen. I think this is a hold-over from when I wanted to be a college professor (which I would still love to do someday).
- My least favorite body part is my elbows ("are" my elbows?). See sometimes, I even proofread myself!
- Repetitive sounds make me crazy. I realize that Milo may break me of this as he gets older and begins to play with some of those toys...
- This is a holdover from my college days ~ One of my favorite things is getting ready for a new class and going to buy a new notebook to take notes. There is just so much potential in that blank notebook. By the way, I still do this when getting ready to take a class for work.
- I don't like it when people say mean things that happen to be true and then make the excuse, "What? I was just joking."
- I also don't like practical jokes.
- When I leave the office at the end of the day I have to make sure my desk is completely cleaned off. Though I try to keep my work space immaculate, sadly that desire does not transfer to the house.
- I don't like voicemails and I will rarely check voicemail at home. The best way to reach me is on my cell phone where I will simply see that you have called.
- I am an eternal optimist.
- I enjoy my work but I think about my sweet baby Milo all day and get excited every time I am walking through the door to pick him up.
No comments:
Post a Comment