Monday, May 3, 2010

Goin' back to Cali...

I suppose if you count my many trips to California as a child then technically I was "goin' back to Cali." That said, this was our first real vacation in 4 years. 4 years I tell you! That is just much too long a time - especially for two people who love to travel. We were so excited to bring Milo and we really hoped that he would have a good time. (You know how toddlers can be about their schedules being disturbed...)

Milo's first trip on a plane was pretty uneventful. He was so excited and wiggly that this is the best plane picture I got!

Getting to share the first leg of our trip with Dad and Aunt Lynn was such a joy. It was the first time we have gone and done something like this and I really hope it is not the last. We all flew in to Orange County on Saturday and Brian, Lynn's son, met us at the airport.

We spent the day getting acclimated to the beautiful California weather and catching up with Brian and his family. He introduced us to Pollo Loco and we just relaxed, enjoying our extra two hours thanks to the time zones. The next day, as Milo would say, we went on an "adventure" with Brian, Tennille and Brielle as our tour guides. They took us to Laguna Beach. The weather was absolutely perfect and Milo got his first dose of the sandy beach!



We began on the boardwalk...

But wanted to get a little closer to the action.

I love this picture of Dad. He has recently taken up photography and he has such a great "eye" for nature. I always enjoy seeing his photographs and marvel at the beauty he catches with his lens. Lots of beauty to be had here!

Seriously? It is like all the plant life in California is on steroids! I have never seen so many beautiful flowers in my life. They were everywhere!


Me and my boys with lots of adventure ahead of us... It was a lovely day. We got to enjoy the beach (which Milo loved by the way), we had champagne brunch at a gorgeous restaurant overlooking the ocean and best of all, we got to share the day as a family with Brian, Brielle and Tenille. What more could we ask for?

What is that Milo? We could ask for more time at the beach? No worries, baby! Plenty more beach (and beach photos) to come...

No comments: