Sunday, December 7, 2008

Grey's Anatomy

If you don't watch Grey's Anatomy this post probably won't be of interest to you... I have been on the fence about watching Grey's Anatomy for awhile now. I picked it up mid-series and really loved it for awhile but then Denny died and it was all downhill for me. I loved the Denny storyline - probably more than any other TV storyline ever. I actually sobbed when he died (thankfully Mark wasn't at home at the time).

That said, I am not sure how I feel about his return to the show. I am conflicted. I enjoy watching him again but it is just weird. It is not that kind of show. It is such a blatant ploy for ratings! The producers are just playing with our fragile emotions. It just further reinforces my thoughts that they have nothing else to go with. Can anyone say "failed lesbian plot line"? People are tired of the whole back and forth with Meredith and Dr. McDreamy and it is all just so depressing. Nothing happy ever happens - or if it does, it only lasts half an episode until some random conflict throws everything back off track.

I will probably keep threatening to stop watching and I may actually follow through (but definitely not while Denny is still back from the dead!).

No comments: