

This next one is my attempt to determine whether Milo looks as much like Mark as everyone seems to think he does. Everyone we see (whether we know them beforehand or not) proclaims how much Milo resembles Mark. I just don't see it...
In posting these following pictures I just realized that they all have our little Milo and his favorite thing... his pacifier. He LOVES his pacifier. It makes him happy. When he is going through his gassy periods during the day it is the only thing that makes him happy!
And finally, this last picture of Sarah was actually taken by Griffin when I went to go visit her and the boys in San Antonio this week. I think he is going to be a photographer just like his mommy!
Speaking of my trip to San Antonio... we had a great time. It was wonderful to see the boys interact and play with Milo. Griffin was the most interested in him but even Brooks came around every once in a while. Griffin liked to hold him and would pat him sweetly on the head and on the belly.
One of our tricks in getting pictures of the baby when he is becoming fussy is to let him have his pacifier until we get ready for the picture and then we take the pacifier out very quickly right before we snap the photos. Well, Griffin and Brooks saw us doing that and then of course that was their favorite thing to do for the next few days. The second half of the game was then to get the pacifier back in to the baby's mouth. I am not sure Milo had quite as much fun as they did with this activity! It cracked me up that right before we left Griffin was trying to show Hadley, one of his friends, how to put the pacifier into Milo's mouth and he was having a hard time with the NUK brand because it has to go in a certain way. He came up to me and asked for the green one because it is easier to get in as it is "one-way-fits-all." He is just so smart! Both he and Brooks are talking so much. Griffin can really carry on a conversation now and Brooks has all of these sweet little words that are as much about inflection as they are the actual words. He definitely gets his point across. He is too cute!
Another interesting development this week is that Griffin went from calling me Aunt Jess to Aunt Jessie. (Of course the first few hours he actually called me Marsha but that is a whole separate story.) Anyway, for those of you that don't know, Jessie was my baby nickname that I spent the better part of my late adolescent and teenage years trying to get people to stop using. At this point, my grandparents are the only ones that still call me that and the name does not bother me at all now. I am definitely over my aversion to it. I just think it is funny that Griffin picked it up on his own. I don't know if it will stick but I will answer to it if that is what he wants to call me. I suppose I deserve it since I christened my poor uncle Uncle T-Bo rather than Uncle Terry when I was little...
No comments:
Post a Comment