I have not really had any unusual cravings while I have been pregnant; however, when I get hungry for something I have to eat it or I keep craving it until it becomes a bit of an obsession. This is not normally a problem as we are generally able to get what I want fairly quickly. For instance, on Sunday I was craving Italian food. We were too late to get it on Sunday (you know everything closes at 8:00 in Frisco on Sunday) so we went on Monday. Even though I kept thinking about it all day Monday I managed since I just had to wait one day.
So this brings me to my current dilemna. I have been craving snowcones for the last three weeks. I don't know why... I just have. I thought about them a few weeks ago and that was all it took. The problem is that there are no snowcones anywhere! Anywhere I tell you! Everywhere I go I am on the lookout for those little huts in random parking lots that pop up this time of year. But, no. It is like all of the snowcone makers have gone on strike. I have tried to fulfilll my craving with the Sonic slush to no avail. Apparently my body knows the difference - either that or it is all totally in my head. I admit that this is a distinct possibility but it does not change the fact that I have a craving which I can not seem to satisfy. We may have to go on a Snowcone Safari this weekend. Wish us success!
1 comment:
HI JESS!!! sometimes i wander from sarah's blog to yours...im not much of a 'commenter', but on this i thought i might be of some assistance. i think i know just what you are looking for! growing up in childress, i remember having snow cones almost daily! anyway..its a little bit of a trek from frisco but worth the drive to satisfy a craving. on parker road in plano near the corner of alma theres a little place. its not like the huts-its bigger. its by the burgerstreet and ironically in front of the 24hr fitness. cant remember the name..but you cant miss it! we go there every summer. they have awesome snow cones..and even the ones with icecream inside too. love-nests at sno-ball city! hope this helps~ congrats on your little man. im sure he is going to be just fine!
take care,
jammi palmer
(aka jammi shoffner)
Post a Comment