As amazing as it is, we are heading into the home stretch before the baby really comes into our lives. I am 33 weeks today by my count / 34 by Dr. Maxey's count so we probably only have another month to go. Thanks to everyone, I really feel like we are a little more prepared for his arrival now. I actually washed all of his little clothes and misc. effects last night and just now folded them and put them away. I know I have said this before, but it really is surreal. Surreal in kind of a normal / natural way though... if that makes any sense.
We have a few more little things we need to do in the baby's room but it is 90% complete. Most of my energy right now is spent in trying to get everything ready at work for my maternity leave. My assistant's last day is Monday so part of that time will be spent in getting our new employee ready to be there alone quite a bit while I am gone. It is all definitely a doable situation though. I think I had mentioned that we are probably going to move our office (just to a different floor in the building). I have this persistent feeling that the move is probably going to happen right when I get ready to go out. All I can do is just get as ready as I can though. The rest of it is out of my hands. And don't worry... we will be hiring movers!
I really just want to spend the next few weeks relaxing and enjoying the last month of being pregnant. I really am enjoying it too! Other than some sleep issues, I could not ask for a better pregnancy. I don't even mind the stretch marks that have just popped up in the last few weeks or the amplified heat now that the beginning of summer is really here. There is a part of me that wants to go down to the pool desperately but I don't want to buy a maternity bathing suit. Maybe I will just wear a bikini with a tshirt over it. I know I will get some weird looks but who cares at this point? Oh, I am back to reading too. (Yeah!) I had taken a break while we were in project mode because my reading is definitely counter-productive to getting anything else done. I have been reading a few baby books, however, that have definitely helped us develop a plan for when the baby comes. I am sure we will need to tailor our "plan" a little bit to Great when he gets here but at least we have the groundwork laid out. Anyway, now that I am done with those I am back to my leisure reading which I am going to enjoy immensely in the coming weeks since I know I won't be able to do it for long stretches at a time once the little one arrives. Speaking of which... I think that is what I will go do now. Have a great weekend everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment