Friday, August 7, 2009

Operation Organization

When I begin to feel overwhelmed by the mess in my closets I know that it is time to spend some time organizing. That task is a bit of a challenge with a 2-year-old in tow so I took Monday off, sent Milo to NiNi's and spent the ENTIRE day cleaning out the closets on the 1st floor of the house. For the first time in our marriage, I even delved into Mark's side of our closet which is what took the majority of the day. I wish I had taken before and after photos (though I realize closet photos are probably not what everyone wants to see when they visit... Milo is much more entertaining).

Every time I walk into our closet now I take a deep breath and look around happily. I also added a set of shelves in our main storage closet under the stairs and you can actually walk into the closet. Did you read that!? Walk in! Before Monday I was afraid to go too far in because of the vast number of hiding places for spiders.

I was on a mission. I was in one of those moods where I wanted to finish everything, everything before the end of the day. And I did get pretty much every item on my list for the day marked off. Once Mark and Milo got home I still had one more thing to do but I was able to finish it with Milo's help (OK, OK... Milo's "help" pretty much consisted of him getting on the step-ladder and crying when I had to move him out of the way, but he was there by my side the whole time...)

I truly love Milo's artwork from school and I have been wanting a place to put it up in the house. We found the perfect cork boards this weekend and Mark helped me pick out the perfect place right between the kitchen and our family room. It turned out just the way I had hoped. It adds so much color to the area and it makes me happy every time I walk by. What do you think? It is going to be an evolving work of art. I love it!

This weekend I am implementing Operation Organization on the 2nd floor of the house. Watch out closets, here I come!

No comments: