Part of my insanity this last week or so is that at some point a few months ago I lost my mind and thought it would be a good idea to sign up for two BOMA classes. Yes, two. Which I have to test over around mid-June. I had procrastinated more than I should and was starting to feel that gnawing edge of a major freak out because I was so far behind. Well, I spent almost every free moment this weekend working on the first class and finally finished it. I still have some studying to do before the test but I feel so much better about the whole situation. Now on to the second class which should be totally doable by mid-June.
All of that said, I am late in blogging about Mom's visit to San Antonio. She came down a few weeks ago and we really had a great visit. All the boys are getting bigger and it is fun to watch them interact with their Grandma Cheri. We had a big time! We went to gymnastics free play one day followed by Chacho's and Chalucci's, a great, inexpensive Mexican food place that has the biggest play thing that I have ever seen. As I am sure you can tell, this picture is after we have all devoured our lunch.
Milo is always a little leery of big things that he has not seen before (what kid isn't?) but toward the end of lunch Griffin and Brooks got him over to the play area. This picture simply proves that he ventured in. The picture that I didn't get but that brought tears to my eyes was Milo tentatively walking up the ramp with Griffin holding one hand and Brooks holding the other. I know they helped him feel better about being in such a new situation. Such sweet boys...
The next day we went to Sea World and had a great time there as well though I didn't get any pictures. Let me tell you... taking an almost 2-year-old to Sea World can be a daunting venture! Milo wanted to run when we were sitting and wanted to sit when we were walking. He did sit too. He had ample opportunity to bask in his love of benches which Sea World has in abundance. It is not enough just to sit on the bench either. He has to sit leisurely on the bench and check out the world around him for it to be a successful "bench" experience. It was a definite task to let him enjoy his day while also trying to keep up with everyone else. Sarah and I laughed later that, though she has 3 kids, I had the crazier day. It was all worth it though and I am glad we got to share the day with Mom.The rest of the week the boys played outside, got to run in the water a bit and we had some craft time too. I wish I had my camera handy more often but Sarah did take some other pictures. You can check them out here. Mom, it was wonderful to see you! We are sending you all the love in the world!! We hope to see you again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment