**Just to clarify, though she is writing to the "baby in her belly" there aren't any plans to have a baby in MY belly anytime soon. I don't want anyone to get any crazy ideas!In the night, I wrap my arms around my belly to better feel the soft
movements.
Stay, I wish, stay with me like this.
But, that's not really my heart's desire. I mean only this night, this time, let me feel you and hold you so that I can have this to remember. My true prayer is the same as every mother's prayer, shouted to the stars, whispered to the hummingbirds, the prayer that reverberates through bodies and hearts and minds when we press our soles to the ground and turn our faces to the sun - change, evolve, grow, develop.
It's the prayer of the universe, in my mind, the thing that runs through that force that some call Buddha and some call Allah and some call God. The united yearning of trillions of mothers and trillions of fathers bound together into a universal power - a life force - roll, crawl, walk, run, leap, dance, swim.Fly.
Before you know it,
before I know it, before any of us knows it, the prayer
is answered and we
are left behind.
As it should be.
The Warriors go to Washington edition... Featuring Milo as a "bill on Capital Hill"
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Beautiful Words
There is precious little time for blog reading lately but I was on eternal hold earlier today and thought I would click around for a minute. I can always rely on Stacey at Is There Any Mommy Out There? to inspire me. She is pregnant and her words are for the baby she is holding in her belly, but as usual, her writing speaks the feelings in my heart.**
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment