Until someone gets hurt. We had absolute proof of this old adage this weekend. Sarah and the boys came in for a quick trip arriving Friday night and heading back home on Sunday morning. We always adore seeing them and this weekend was no exception. On Saturday morning we all loaded up and went to a little mini-beach about 8 miles from here. Who knew? Anyway, it took Milo a little while to warm up to the water and the sand but we all definitely had fun. We swam a little, played a little, ate some incredibly generic Mexican food and then went home for naps. Later in the day, Mark and Griffin were playing horsey which is when the "incident" happened... Mark caved into the "just one more" request and ran around the house one last time. When he and Griffin collapsed on the ottoman, Griffin flung himself back into the chair behind them and he hit his head on one of the chair arms. Poor thing!
I was in the other room and all I heard was laughter that morphed quickly into some very sad tears and crying. Turns out that Griffin bonked his head on the chair and split the skin a little bit. Although not a huge cut, he had to go get staples because of where it was located. He was such a trooper. I actually had to get stitches on my forehead at about the same age and I remember it vividly. Anyway, despite that relatively traumatic event, we did all have a fun visit. Happily, we get to see everyone again this weekend. Yeah!
I know I have said this before, but it is so fun to watch all of the boys interact together as they are growing up. Milo actually got in on the fun a few times this weekend and ran with the other two during our many bouts of hide and seek and chase. Speaking of running, I am attaching a video of Milo "playing" soccer. Needless to say, it was one of Mark's happiest days and I think we got literally 7 or 8 videos of the event. As you will see, our future athlete (or scholar, or whatever) is easily distracted but hey... first steps, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment