I guess technically it should be "going to the nurse practitioner"... Milo had his 15-month well child check this morning. Despite getting a couple of shots, he is a very healthy little boy. Or big boy. He is now officially over 95% in both height and head circumference and weighs 27 lbs. 7 ounces which falls around the 85th percentile. Unless he slows down we are going to have a big man one of these days (thankfully not too soon though). All Mark and I can think is maybe he got the height gene from one of our tall Grandpas since most of the people in both of our families are of average height.
We do have a couple of things to work on. The nurse practitioner seemed concerned that he is not talking yet. For the record, Mark and I are not concerned at all. Milo communicates with us just fine and I think he is just not ready to talk quite yet. However, we are going to start working with him more on words over the next few weeks and months to be sure. She also said it is time to say bye-bye to the bottle. I don't know why this makes me a little sad. It seems like that is the last remnant of him being a baby. I feel like he will officially be a little boy once we get rid of the bottle. I know it is time though.
Milo is a busy, busy little boy. The nurse even commented on how much energy he has. We are meeting with a Mother's Day Out program next week so that we can ease his transition to a day care environment. With this program, he can just do 2 or 3 days a week and still spend some time with his NiNi. I think that will be best for him and for her. I will be really interested to see how he likes it. I think he will love it! I will keep you posted -
No comments:
Post a Comment