Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My 8-month Old Little Boy

Doesn't he look so mature in this picture? He cracks me up! We actually get this look a lot. We were beginning a photo session with him here and I swear this was about the biggest smile we got out of him the whole time. He just kept looking at all of us (me, Mark and Brad) like he was "sooooo over us."


Well, my little man's 8-month birthday has come and gone. It brought with it a "first" that I would have been perfectly happy to have avoided. When I picked him up on Monday Lanita said he was burning up - and he was. That began a quick decline into non-eating, non-sleeping and lots (and lots) of crying for about a day and a half. As you know, we have not experienced very much non-sleeping / crying with Milo so it was a little bit of a shock to our systems. We took him to the doctor last night and it turns out that he has an ear infection on both sides and an irritated throat. We got lots of prescriptions for him and he already seems to feel better. Thank goodness! It was almost like having a newborn there again for a few nights... Whew!

Oh, Milo had his 1st check-up with Cranial Technologies today. We noticed a few days ago that you can already see a difference in the shape of his head and our observation was confirmed today. She has a mold of his "pre-band" head on a stick (yes, it is kind of weird) and you could really see the flat parts and the protrusion of his forehead on one side. When compared to what his head looks like now, you can really see improvement. I am so thankful that we did this! I really have no doubts now that I have seen so much change in such a short time.

Hmmm... what can I say about my little 8-month old (besides going on at length about how wonderful he is - because he is)? His master skill right now is still sitting up. It has not yet occurred to him to try to pull up on things and he is well on his way to proving me right by not crawling (or scooting). I still think he will probably go straight to walking when he is so inclined. He LOVES LOVES LOVES to jump. Mom (aka Grandma Cheri) came down to visit last week and she learned very quickly just how much he loves to jump. He does have kind of a weird new development all thing considered. He now sleeps almost exclusively on his side or on his stomach. The kid that hates to be on his stomach now sleeps there! Can you believe it? He just started one day and has not looked back.

He is definitely a very "chill" baby. He generally just sits back and takes new situations in. It is a daily occurrence for me to be doing something, look up and meet his sweet eyes. He quietly watches both me and Mark often and is always ready with a smile (or at least a grin) when we catch him.

I know this will be my constant mantra from now on but I just can't believe he is growing up so fast. On the one hand I wish I could freeze time and on the other I can't wait to see what new things he is going to learn tomorrow, next week, next year.

I love you my sweet!

No comments: