Monday, February 4, 2008

Helmet Hiatus

When you go in for the final band fitting, the technician gives you several things to look out for - one of which is red spots. Our Sweet Milo was OK for the first few days but on Friday we noticed a slight reddening on the left side of his forehead. It went away so we did not think too much about it until Saturday morning when the whole left side of his forehead was a flaming red color. It was so dry and irritated. Poor baby.

They tell you not to put the band back on until the redness goes away and not to put the band back on at all if it takes longer than 1 hour to go away. If this tells you anything, his forehead was still red this morning. Needless to say, he got a weekend sans-band.

I called the clinic first thing this morning and talked to Alyson, our technician. Turns out he had a heat rash. Can you believe that? A heat rash in February. (Of course, it is supposed to be 80 degrees today...) She said it is pretty common and told us what to do about it. No problem.

I have to admit he was pretty cute yesterday though. Between the whole left side of his forehead being bright red and peeling, some scratches on his eye that we have no idea where he got and a little bump on his cheek where he fell of the couch (I swear! I just looked away for a second!) he truly did look like a little Bruiser. I do so love that boy!

No comments: