Sunday, February 24, 2008

I'm Back Baby!

Somehow writing in your blog loses all appeal when you don't feel well. All I could motivate myself to do last week was get up, go to work, go home and lay on the couch. I did manage to love on the baby a little bit too... Thankfully he is pretty happy hanging out on the couch with us and playing with his toys. He is definitely our child in that regard.

I am finally back to normal (whatever that means) and Milo seems to be well now too (knock on wood). Every once in a while it occurs to me how truly fortunate we are to have Lanita watching Milo at this age. We will put him in daycare once he is walking and we feel that he needs more stimulation; however, until then it is wonderful to know that he gets so much love from his NiNi each day and we have the added benefit that he is not around other sick babies very often. I am definitely going to enjoy that luxury while it lasts because (Wow! News Flash!) a sick baby is no fun.

I know that I have been remiss in posting pictures lately so I am going to make up for it tonight. I decided to document Milo's bath last night. You want to know something funny? The most tedious thing about Milo's band is that we have to give him a bath every night. He loves it of course. It is a good hour process though because we have to start early enough so his hair will dry and we can put the band back on before it is time for bed. I have been known to blow-dry his hair in a pinch. I guess the band isn't bad if that is the worst thing about it, right? Aww, the things we complain about...

Anyway, our little one LOVES his bath time. I have the whole process documented below. Some of the pictures are very similar but I did not feel inclined to "cut" any of them because they are all cute in their own special way.

Look at that hair! When I rinse it, it actually goes about 3 inches down his back. Of course, it springs back up within seconds. And no, I have no intention of cutting it any time soon.

Blurry but cute...

This is Mommy's version of a mohawk. Of course, it manifests as one big curl on top of his head.

Milo's favorite thing about bath time is the splashing. If you look closely you can see the tumultuous water and imagine how much of it is coming out of the tub.

Close-up of the mohawk...

This is my attempt to get a picture of his cutie-bootie.

Time to dry off and get lotioned up.
.


He is definitely thinning out but Milo still has those sweet rolls on his legs.

Milo says, "What!?"

And finally, life is good. Our baby is warm and cozy in his crib waiting for me to clean up the lake of bathwater on the bathroom floor.



No comments: