Monday, November 26, 2007

Why I love the internet...

I love the Internet because a world full of information is available at your fingertips. Sometimes it is even information that we don't know we need but yet it is there and it finds us! Yesterday I was perusing one of the blogs that I keep up with from a mom that has a baby about Milo's age. She mentioned something about "Wonder Weeks" so I looked it up on the Internet. Have I mentioned that I love the Internet?

Anyway, apparently Wonder Weeks are specific time periods throughout the first few years of life where babies make great strides in their understanding of the world. They may be taking mental steps forward or physical steps forward but the stress of the progress causes them be fussier than normal for a few weeks. The article I read explained that babies who are normally very happy might become a little fussier, they might suddenly eat less and they might also go from sleeping through the night to waking up a lot - all of which has been going on with Milo. One of these Wonder Weeks is at about 6 months of age which is right where Milo is developmentally.

I realize that you have to take what you read with a grain of salt but this really makes sense. The article also said these periods are often blamed on teething but that recent studies have shown teething does not impact kids as much as we think. Hmmm... I don't know about that. I will have to look it up when I get a chance!




No comments: