For those of you that don't know, Mark and I have big news to start off this new year. We are finally bringing another member into our little household... and "no" I don't mean another puppy dog. We are having a baby! I am almost 16 weeks along and so far everything is going really well. No morning sickness so far - I am just fairly tired most of the time. I had a check-up yesterday and the doctor said everything is fine. We will be able to find out if we are having a little boy or girl in about 3 weeks. Very exciting!
I hope to use this blog to keep you all updated as things progress since I am not the best lately about emailing everyone individually. My world has just been too crazy with work and life in general for the last few months and what little spare time I do have I just want to lay on the couch and rest. I guess I better get that rest in while I can, right?
The above picture is a sonogram of our little one taken a few weeks ago. He (or she) was moving around quite a bit so it is a little blurry but you can still see all the main parts and pieces. I do have a couple of fun facts about the baby:
- Right now the baby is the size of an avocado (though you would think it would be bigger with as much as my tummy is pooching out).
- The baby is in a period of rapid growth now that I am in the 2nd trimester. In fact, I read somewhere that if the baby continued to grow at this rate after he / she is born they would be 13' tall at one year old. How crazy is that?
Well, until my next post...

2 comments:
Yeah, Sister! I'm glad you joined the blogging world. Now, maybe you will finally figure out how to post a comment.
Seriously... we are so excited about the new baby. I'm hoping once it gets a little closer, Griffin will start to understand that he's going to have a new cousin. We'll see!
So happy for you guys! Thanks for sharing little Warrior's first picture with us. Glad you're feeling good! Love to all, claudia
Post a Comment