How far along am I?
OK, for those of you that have never been pregnant, you would be amazed at how a simple question like this has such an amazingly complex answer. First of all, I am a little over 16 weeks pregnant. This interests me because they start counting two weeks before the baby is even conceived. Anyway, you would think that 16 weeks equals 4 months, right? Well, not quite. Technically, I won't be 4 months until next Thursday (I think). It is so confusing...
My doctor and I also have a running debate on how far along I am. Per my calculations I am exactly 16 weeks and 3 days. Per his calculations which use standard assumptions for all women, I am 17 weeks. I suppose this shouldn't really be that big of a deal; however, we have our sonogram scheduled next week and we are supposed to find out whether we are having a boy or a girl. I really hope that it is not too early to tell for sure because we really want to know whether we can expect a little boy or a baby girl!
Cliff-hanger endings should be banned!
This has absolutely nothing to do with babies. I just want to comment that I have been reading a book the last few days that is part of a series. I read both of the books in the series one right after the other. One was written in 2004 and the sequel was written in 2006. I really enjoyed both of them until I finished the second one. It ended with a major cliff-hanger. This is bad enough when it happens with a show you watch and the next episode is the following week. It is absolutely traumatic when the next book is not even going to come out for a couple of years.
Now it is this ongoing burden that I have to remember that I was reading the series so that I can continue to look for the next book several years from now. I don't have room in my head for that! I personally think that it is very inconsiderate of the author to do that to their readers. I have even considered looking to see if the author has a website so that I can send him a note to this effect. (And none of you better be rolling your eyes and thinking about crazy pregnant women and their raging hormones!)
No comments:
Post a Comment