Sweet boy, you are turning into a big boy right before our eyes.
Those returns to toddler emotion are becoming more and more infrequent. Thankfully, you are usually pretty reasonable now (which is lovely!). I mean this morning you woke up and decided to clean your room before coming downstairs. If nothing else, that is a sure sign you are a baby no more!
Your words amaze us - and make us laugh. It is just so crazy to hear adult phrases come out of your sweet "big boy" mouth. Just yesterday you said, "Mommy, I don't think I am afraid of that after all" and when I accidentally stepped on your crayon you exclaimed, "Oh no! Mommy, look what you have done!" Sometimes it is really hard to remember you are only four.
When we went to see the bluebonnets you did have a little bit of a freak out... a nature boy you are not. After we got you back in the car and away from all the sticks, bugs and scratchy things you commented, "You know what guys? Those are really pretty bluebonnets but I think I like them better from inside the car."
You are so literal right now and you are all about the rules (at least for other kids...) We were at a play area recently and you took it upon yourself to recite the rules to the other kids that came in to play. "Guys, you may not bring food or drink into the play area." And then later, "Um guys, you may not climb on the outside of the play area." They might have looked at you a little oddly but you all had fun playing nonetheless.
You are a big fan of creating signs that you tape around the house - everything from your infamous "Only 7 days" sign to sign up sheets for games you create (which you insist on taping on the outside door in case anyone walks by who wants to play) to welcome signs when friends come to visit.
Educational shows like Leap Frog are still your favorite but Caillou has made a recent resurgence. You are a complete homebody which is hilarious. You would be perfectly happy staying home ALL THE TIME. At least you don't cry anymore when we have to leave to go somewhere!
Lovebug, you are a funny, wonderfully quirky, crazy smart, handsome little boy who is growing into such an interesting person. I feel blessed to get to watch you turn into the person you are going to be. I am one lucky mama!







No comments:
Post a Comment