Sunday, May 27, 2012

Not Just Black and White

We have been waiting for the conversation...  praying that we handled it OK.  As so often happens, when it finally came up a few days ago the it was noteworthy only in its normalcy.

Milo:  (pointing to the TV) Hey look, that lady is dark like daddy!

Mark: Yep.  She sure is buddy.

Milo:  I am light like Mommy though.

We are on opposite sides of the coffee table and Mark and I both reach to the center with our hands.  Milo puts his on top. 

Mark:  Actually bud, you are right in the middle.  See?

Me:  See honey, you are a little of me and a little of Daddy... 

Milo:  (looking down)  That is right!  I am a little light and a little dark and that is how God made me. 

With that, our sweet boy looked up with a big smile on his face and then promptly focused back on the show. I was not so easily diverted though.  With tears in my eyes and so much love in my heart, I thought how much more happiness there would be in the world if everyone could see with the eyes of a child...

No comments: