Sunday, July 3, 2011

Vacation Part I - Orange County

OK... so I have to admit, part of my delay in posting some of our awesome vacation pictures is the fact that there are SOOOOOO MANY OF THEM! I took pictures (of course) and Mark and Brad took pictures too. Milo even got in on the action as you will see. The idea of not only creating thoughtful posts but sorting through ALL THE PICTURES to make sure I choose the best ones is just too daunting.

I have come up with a two-part plan that has at least helped me get past my blogging block! 1) I am going to post what will mostly be a photo-journal using only my photos and very little commentary. (I am afraid for now, the days of my lengthy thought-provoking posts are over! There is just not enough time in the day. Of course, I could skip making dinner for Mark and Milo but they might not be fans of that idea!) 2) I will go back and supplement with some of Mark and Brad's best shots (of which there are many). See? The stress is dissipating as we speak! Here goes...

Our trip to California was 8 days long and to a certain extent, felt like 4 separate mini-vacations. The first leg of our journey included Aunt Lynn and took us all to visit Brian, Tenille and Brielle in Orange County. We truly love California and it is such a treat to get to spend time with Brian and his family in one of our favorite places. This year we went to Dana Point and visited the Ocean Institute (very cool for both kids and adults by the way!), had a great lunch on the board walk and then went to spend some time with Brian's extended family to help celebrate the graduation of one of his nieces. It was a lovely day that wound up with us just spending time together at Brian and Tenille's house. There might have been some ice cream involved.




























No comments: