Milo has officially hit the "Why?" stage. We probably heard "But why, Mommy? / Daddy?" about 70 times today. At one point he even asked me why he kicked me. Good question, huh?
Also, apparently only children do not need siblings to learn the art of the "tattle." At various times this weekend Milo tattled on Daddy to me that Daddy would not give him more water, he tattled on me to Daddy that I was singing and he tattled on Brad for something but I don't recall what now. And we thought we would avoid this stage...
And what a stage it is! Man, today was a trying day. Poor Brad was stuck with us too. We went to the mall with Milo which just reiterates in my mind why I generally do any shopping I have on my lunch break. Why is it that parents of multiple children seem to have no problem taking them out in public but our one child wreaks havoc? I have an ongoing internal struggle when we are out to let him be a little boy and run around vs. making him stand next to us and be quiet. We were at the fountain at Northpark and there was a family with 6 kids about 7 and under - who were all standing quietly by their parents I might add... while I was holding onto Milo's shorts to keep him from falling into the fountain face-first. Today was not a good mommy day. Tomorrow will be better though. (Please.)
No comments:
Post a Comment