Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Awestruck

OK, so I was literally left awestruck a little while ago... Milo and I were playing with chalk outside and Milo was going through his normal routine. Tonight it began like this - "Mommy, how do you spell "hot?" Knowing he wasn't really asking, I said "I don't know bud, how do you spell "hot?"

He then proceeded to grab his chalk, sit down and WRITE OUT the word "hot" but it looked like this - H O I. Close though, right? He tried to draw the top bar to the "T", he just didn't completely finish it. I mean, seriously? He just turned 3!!! When did this happen? Doesn't this seem like a big leap? He is spelling really well and we are working on sounding out words but writing? The only other thing I got out of him was M I L O and I had to help with the "M." I am still totally in awe though. Mark just pointed out that Milo has been getting practice writing letters on his iPhone app. I guess it is working!

No comments: