For instance, we don't care if he sits on top of the patio table but we won't let him sit on the kitchen table. We are finding that those little can / can't decisions are really hard. You know... deciding whether to give him a snack when he asks for one even if it is an hour after he has eaten (or an hour before dinner for that matter), deciding how frequently he can have his binky - especially when he would be happy to have it ALL day, EVERY day (a topic for another post), deciding any number of those little things that we encounter each day... Please tell me we are not the only parents that struggle with these things.

I feel like every post lately is about how much Milo is growing and changing. It seems like it is a constant thought in my head though. He is in one of those periods where he seems different almost every day. He is becoming so much more confident in his body and doesn't have as many of the "baby" mannerisms. I was marveling at him in his bath last night because he got one of those late night energy boosts kids sometimes have and he was flailing around in his bath like a big kid (and splashing like one too!). He is talking more each and every day too - using big boy words so much more. Mark and I will often look at each other in astonishment and say "Did he just say that?" I love every new discovery he makes. It has been such a fun time with him.Of course, along with the good discoveries come the not-so-good discoveries - one of which I encountered yesterday. Milo is fast now. Sneaky too. We had taken him to the mall to play in one of those toddler play areas since it was scorching outside. I was playing with him toward the back of the play area where I left him to continue playing for a few seconds. I went to go check the diaper bag since it was sitting unguarded so I had my back turned on him for literally about 15 seconds.
When I turned back around he was gone. Gone gone. As every parent knows, it is the scariest feeling in the world. After searching throughout the play area and looking around the mall I was desperately trying to talk myself out of freaking out and I looked over to see Mark walking toward me holding Milo's hand. Mark had gone into one of the department stores and when he was coming out a little boy walked up behind him. Our little boy! It wasn't that close to where the play area was either. I truly have no idea how he got so far so quick. The thing that kind of amazed me was that no adult tried to stop him. If I saw a little barefoot toddler running through the mall by himself I think I would try to help. Anyway, it was a very good lesson. Never turn your back - even for a second! (Geez, is that even possible?) At least, thankfully, we had a happy ending, picked up Mommy's heart off of the floor and went home for nap time.
No comments:
Post a Comment