Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day 2008

We had such a great weekend. Mark and I both took off on Friday so we actually got a whole 4 days to spend together with our little one. We had a fun activity every day mixed in with plenty of rest and relaxation. What more could we ask for?

On Friday Lanita watched Milo for us in the afternoon so we all enjoyed sleeping late before dropping the little man off for a few hours. Mark and I got to run around a bit, have lunch and then we caught a movie. Ironman. It was awesome!

Saturday was our very first birthday party with one of Milo's friends. Cameron from next door turned 1-year-old last week. It was so fun to celebrate our neighbors knowing that it would be the first of many celebrations to come with our boys. Check out these two. I think their the looks on both of their faces might be related to the fact that several adults were standing in front of them making weird noises and faces in an attempt to get them to smile.

Milo loved the kiddie pool. We are definitely going to have to get one for our back yard. As you can see, Kenny and Veronica have a great backyard and a great "real pool" too. One of these days we hope to get one of those for our back yard as well!

Gracie, Cameron's big sister, joined the boys in the kiddie pool for a bit. What fun!

Daddies and their boys...

And we can't leave out the Mommies.

Sunday we met some friends for lunch and a photoshoot of their sweet little 8 month-old boy, Landen. And finally, yesterday, to celebrate Memorial Day, we took Milo to our community pool since he had so much fun at our neighbor's pool. It wasn't quite the same but we still had a good time.

I love these next two pics of Milo. He has been able to hold his bottle by himself for awhile but he generally prefers that we do it so he can play with his hair. I know, it is a tough life right? Anyway, until this weekend we have always held him while he takes his bottle. I actually like that quiet time with him but we tried something new on Sunday. I know that all moms say this but, seriously, I look at him sometimes in amazement that he is such a big boy. (By the way, in case you are wondering I think he is watching soccer. He is his daddy's boy.)

Look at that milk-moustache...

And finally, for your viewing enjoyment I have some videos from the weekend to post. The first shows Milo playing with one of his party favors from Cameron's party.



And this next one isn't terribly exciting but it is awfully cute. Enjoy!

No comments: