I finally arrived home at about 9:00 PM on Friday (plus one ticket from a twerpy little policeman - and I am not just saying that because he gave me a ticket!). Anyway, yes, I was actually in Houston all of last week for my test. I did not get to see my sweet baby or his sweet daddy for an entire week. I have never really liked being away from Mark for long periods of time. I always just feel like something is "off" when we are not together. Being away from Milo is the same - just worse. I suppose in a way it was good that what I was doing was so all encompassing and that by the end of the day I was worn out because it did not give me too much time to dwell on missing my little family.
We had such a nice weekend just spending time together and making up for a week apart. Milo is seriously a doll! He is such a happy little thing. When I got home and walked in the door Friday, he and Mark were waiting there for me. Milo just giggled and giggled while I smothered them both with kisses. I think he missed me a little bit even though Mark took great care of him. My evidence to this is that he actually let me snuggle him a little bit when I put him to bed that night.
Thankfully he did not learn to walk while I was gone but he is definitely getting around better and better - and more quickly. He did learn how to play patty-cake (which pretty much consists of him clapping his hands together) and he practices this new skill often. He is eating more and more solid foods and now, any time he sees me or Mark eating anything he makes his way over to us for a taste. He has not broken any more teeth but those bottom middle two are growing taller and taller. They are so cute! He has started sticking his tongue out and rubbing the teeth. Of course, they are probably in the way a little more now since they are getting bigger. Oh, and he loves to have his teeth (gums) brushed each night. He just opens right up and lets me get to work.
The pictures I promised last week are still forthcoming (and some of them are really cute!). I will post them just as soon as they have the seal of approval from Mark.
No comments:
Post a Comment