


I realized today that I have not posted in a while... it is amazing how a newborn does not really take up that much time but somehow that time seems to fill the whole day! I think it may be because I have a tendency to nap the day away when he is asleep. He is doing great! As Mark mentioned in his post yesterday, Milo has gained weight and is over 7 pounds now. There is part of me that is thrilled he is growing and another part that already misses that little tiny baby I met 3 weeks ago today.
A few things about him - he has one dimple on his right cheek that you can see when he smiles. It is too cute! He also has a little tiny birthmark on his knee. It is so small that the first few days we thought it might be dirt but when we could not get it off we finally realized it was a birthmark. He also has a storkbite on his eyelid. It is a type of birthmark that will fade in time but gets quite red when he is upset or hot. He is a very sweet baby but he has definitely been a little fussy lately. The doctor said that it may be colic but I don't think it is that bad. I think he may just be a gassy baby. The good thing is that even though he cries he stops as soon as you pick him up... most of the time anyway.
I also realized yesterday that I never mentioned anything about the baby's name. Mark came up with Milo a few years ago and we have always loved it. We always felt that it was a unique name for our unique little boy. It also continues the "M" male line in Mark's family. (His dad's name was Melvin.) Milo's middle name, James, comes from my family. My dad's first name is James, my grandfather's name was James and Grandpa Jim's mother's maiden name was James. Mark and I could think of no better way to connect the future with the past and to honor my dad who has been such an amazing parent these last few years as well as my grandfather who has always been my guardian angel. I hope that one day Milo will appreciate all of the great men that he is named for - his own daddy, his grandfathers and his great-grandfather.
There is so much more to say but I need to save something for my next post. I included pictures for you all above because I know that is what you really want to see! More to come soon -
1 comment:
Your little darling is just too beautiful. It makes me wish I was there to give him a hug. Thank you so much for sharing your happiness with us. We love you all very much. grandma
Post a Comment