Sunday, April 3, 2011

Kind Words

We have a constant conversation going with Milo about using kind words. This is something that I have been practicing lately as well. It is a practice too, isn't it? I am a very positive person yet it is so easy to slip into negative speech. Bringing up complaints... dwelling on frustrations... focusing on the bad vs. choosing to talk about the good. I truly believe that words and thoughts become things and no less, they tell the world where your mind is. They speak to who you are.

So, I practice using kind words. Some days I am more successful than others but it is an ongoing choice - one that I must make not only for myself but for Milo because how can I expect it of him if he doesn't see it in me?
When it comes to the words you choose,
whether in your mind or amongst friends,
let them be of what you like and love.
What you care about and cherish.
What makes you happy. What gives you wings.
What makes you dream. And very little else.

~The Universe

No comments: