We went in to see Dr. Maxey for our 20 week appointment yesterday. I always get a little nervous beforehand but feel incredibly relieved afterward. The baby was wiggling around like crazy on the sonogram which I find amazing since I have just begun to feel his little flutters. He is about the size of a cantaloupe (if you curled him into a ball) and if you stretched him out he would be around 10" long. He weighs about 3/4 of a pound. The doctor has referred to him as Skeletor since he is still literally skin and bones. (Have I mentioned our doctor has a funny sense of humor?) Everything else with the appointment went well... the baby's heart has all four chambers, his head circumference is apparently good and his little leg bone measures as it should.
I am slowly but surely beginning to get the nursery itch. To be honest, all of the "baby stuff" we need to know about and get has been a little daunting so both Mark and I have been successfully avoiding much thought about it. However, since I am nearing the 5 month mark I suppose we better begin the acquisition process. Our friend Brad is a graphic artist and he had created some artwork for a children's library area a while back that we have always loved. He has agreed to let us use that for the room so at least we have a starting point. Plus, Sarah helped me pick out some of the essentials when I was in San Antonio recently. We have a good start. Now we just have to keep up the momentum...
Finally, I hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day. Mark and I had agreed not to get gifts since our anniversary is coming up; however, when I woke up yesterday morning there was a big arrangement of beautiful hand-picked flowers on our kitchen table. We decided not to brave the restaurants last night so we went to Central Market and just picked some things up to make dinner. Central Market may have been crazier than any restaurant though! We made our dinner while watching American Idol and just enjoyed spending time together. I think I may have the most wonderful husband in the world... I really couldn't ask for anything more from him. I just love being with him. He makes me laugh every day and he is going to be such a good daddy. I feel so fortunate to have him in my life!
No comments:
Post a Comment