Wednesday, February 27, 2013

14 Amazing Years

Honey, I just want you to know how much I love you.  I am reminded on special days like today but I truly do hold you in my heart with gratitude every single day.  We have been together for a long time but I never want to take you for granted.  You are my love, my friend, my partner.  Not every day is perfect but even our off days are a blessing because they reinforce how lucky we are that most of our days together ARE perfect.  J  I just want you to know that I see you.  I see how much you do to support our family.  You get Milo ready almost every day and pick him up from school too since I can’t get home in time.  I see that you take so much pride in our house and our life there together and I love that we make decorating decisions together… and that we have the same taste!  I see how hard you work at your job and I am so grateful that we get the benefit of that expertise when we have work done at home.  I see the respect everyone around you has for you because you are kind and funny and good at every single thing you do.  I see your love of cooking and baking and I cannot tell you how grateful I am that you have taken over that responsibility at the house.  I really did not realize how much I disliked that chore but it has truly been a load off my mind to be free of it!  I see the love in your eyes when you look at me and at Milo and sometimes it fills my heart so much I want to cry.    

Thank you for the joy you bring into my life… into our life.  Our life is an adventure and there is no one in the world I would rather share my days with.  Everyone says marriage is work and I suppose it is to a certain extent but I think the work centers around ensuring you don’t become complacent and begin to expect the wonderful vs. recognizing and appreciating the wonderful over the long term.  You are wonderful and I am blessed to be your wife.  Happy 14th Anniversary!

No comments: